At a social gathering recently, some interesting general knowledge questions and riddles were asked. Can you think of the obvious and not so obvious answers for the following questions and riddles?
1) What gets wetter as it dries?
2) What flies all day but doesn’t go anywhere?
3) Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain in the world?
4) What 3 things do people regularly ask from strangers?
5) What are 4 things that people normally stretch?
6) 20 birds were sitting in a tree and a hunter shooting missed the first one in his sight. How many birds are left on the tree?
7) What sentence contains every letter of the English alphabet?
8) What travels around the world but stays in one spot?
9) What is as big as you are, but does not weigh anything?
10) You can hold this without using your arms or legs. What is it?
1) A towel.
2) A flag.
3) Still Mount Everest. It just hadn’t been discovered yet.
4) People regularly ask strangers for a) Directions b) The time c) Cigarettes
5) People tend to stretch: a) Muscles/Body b) Rubber bands 3) Money 4) The truth
6) None. All the birds flew away.
7) “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.”
8) A stamp.
9) Your shadow.
10) Your breath.
How many did you answer correctly? Do you know other interesting riddles and trivia?
S.A. Abraham writes from a world perspective, having lived, studied and worked in 3 Continents. For chapter excerpts from the new book and ebook, The Keys That Open: Meditations on The Creator and the Way to Inner Peace and Empowerment, visit: www.thekeysthatopen.com
Interested in Human Behaviour, Psychology, Health and Wellness, the Holy Scriptures and Spirituality, as well as Eastern Philosophies, History and Current Affairs. www.thekeysthatopen.com
Some riddles sourced from www.Buzzle.com